Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Major Computer Problem I need Help Here I'm dieing without my computer  (Read 4312 times)

scooterpickleman

Topic Starter

Beginner

OK I have a huge problem with my computer. One day I was just sitting there and I decided to play some Doom 3 well anyways it was on the loading screen and it loaded all the way up but the game wasn't starting I thought this was odd but just waited a minute. As i waited I heard my coomputer start becoming higher and higher in pitch I wasn't shure if this was jsut my imagination or not, but I just sat there and suddenly the computer shut down. After that the computer would not turn on for a bit so I unplugged and from my brother's advice(he works for geek sqaud) he told me to check the motherboard which I did and it was fine. I plugged it in a little while after and it started to run again. Except now when I log in and windows is on for a few seconds it locks up. I think it possibly could be overheating but all of my fans are running. Please help!

scooterpickleman

Topic Starter

Beginner

Oh I'm running Windows Service Pack 2. If there's anything else you need to know plz tell me I'd really like this fixed i miss my computer. My brother lives really far away so he can't fix it.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
        • Obituary
      • Experience: Beginner
      Do you know how to do a major cleaning of the

inside of a computer?

Computerhope has a good guide.See the below link.

--->TheBelowLink
      Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

DeltaSlaya

Apprentice
      • Google
        Yes, do as above and also download the correct version of Memtest86+ and burn to CD or floppy. Boot to a disk and let it run for a few hours.
        System specs:
        Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (up to 3.3 stock V and air)
        ASUS Striker Extreme
        XFX 8600GT XXX Edition
        2x 1gB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800
        Seagate Barracuda 320gB SATA
        Raidmax Ninja 918 (520W ATXV2.0 PSU)
        -

scooterpickleman

Topic Starter

Beginner

ok ill try those thigns yeh my brother reccomended me cleaning it. Even if i get it up and running again I'm starting to think of building a new comp do you guys reccommend amd or intel processors. I know i like ati video cards so i was leaning towards amd.

DeltaSlaya

Apprentice
          • Google
            ok ill try those thigns yeh my brother reccomended me cleaning it. Even if i get it up and running again I'm starting to think of building a new comp do you guys recommend amd or intel processors. I know i like ati video cards so i was leaning towards amd.
            Generally I'd say its personal preference what CPU you get, though at the moment I'd go for a Core 2 Duo, even a low range one. As for GPU I prefer NVIDIA though thats just me and theres no real difference at the moment - aside from DirectX 10 support on the 8 series.
            System specs:
            Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (up to 3.3 stock V and air)
            ASUS Striker Extreme
            XFX 8600GT XXX Edition
            2x 1gB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800
            Seagate Barracuda 320gB SATA
            Raidmax Ninja 918 (520W ATXV2.0 PSU)
            -

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• Obituary
            ok ill try those thigns yeh my brother reccomended me cleaning it. Even if i get it up and running again I'm starting to think of building a new comp do you guys reccommend amd or intel processors. I know i like ati video cards so i was leaning towards amd.

Get this one cleaned and let us know how it came out.I believe you were
            dying without your computer when this post started.

Start a new post on the likes and dislikes of video cards and CPU's.

Unless,we are going to do an off topic topic within your topic. ;D

Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

scooterpickleman

Topic Starter

Beginner

lol im srry ill do that and i still am dieing im usin every body else's computer and installing my games on their's and they do not appreciate it lol. ill be sure to clean it out soon i don't have any compressed air tonight though

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• Obituary
              Good scooterpickleman .You also need to hang out with us at
              Computerhope as one of the gang.New members are always
              welcome friend.

Robert

GX1_Man

he told me to check the motherboard which I did and it was fine.

And how did you check it?

I plugged it in a little while after and it started to run again. Except now when I log in and windows is on for a few seconds it locks up. I think it possibly could be overheating but all of my fans are

Besides the overheating mentioned what is the make, wattage and age of the power supply?

programming_pat

Apprentice

• I like Rabbits and Guinea pigs
                i personally think it could be overheating, because of the high pitched noises. I have experienced this on my 10 year old computer. It started to load then it shut off. It also made high pitched noises. I cleaned it and it helped it for a few months. Then it did it again so i took the hard drive out and chucked the rest of the computer out.

programming_pat