Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista Media Center very laggy  (Read 4421 times)

TehGerg

Vista Media Center very laggy
« on: June 20, 2007, 09:34:06 AM »
Well last night i think i toasted the media center.  I am running vista 32 bit ultimate my hardware is a 3500 athlon 64 1 gig of kingston hyper x ram 6800 gt oc haupagge (sp) 250 tv tuner

Basically i was getting a lot of artifacting on the screen with my old ati 9800 so i swapped it out with my 6800 gt oc.  When I changed the video cards i had a bunch of problems with drivers.  I used a driver cleaner to remove all of the ATI junk got the newest nvidia drivers running in it.  Set it up for the TV and was on my way.  I tried to bring up media center and it blue screens but the computer is still running and i can hear media center starting up in the back of the blue screen.  I hit power and put the computer to sleep and i bring it back up and then media center is running fine.  So that was like a week ago it has been limping along doing that.  Now a new problem

Now when I get the tv to work the video is very laggy the sound is fine.  In task manager the media center process is bouncing from 60% to 100% of course it hits 100% goes laggy.  I can't play recorded TV it has the same problem but when i play a dvd it is fine. 

I have checked over the hardware a bunch of times and ran tests on everything its fine.  I ran an ad-aware scan last night along with avast anti-virus scan on it.

Thanks in advance.

TehGerg

Re: Vista Media Center very laggy
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 02:22:28 PM »
any suggestions?  I think i am going to just wipe it and reload it but if anyone has anything crazy to try before i do it....

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
    « Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 11:36:51 AM »
    what driver cleaner thers a certain one that is a infection

TehGerg

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 08:26:41 AM »
    I don't remember to be honest but i did the virus scan and spyware scan after in had it installed and it was ok.  So i am assuming that it's not the one that i have.  This weekend i am going to a giant car show up in the twin cities but when i get back I will just wipe and reload it.  I considered trying to remove media center and just reinstalling that because that is where the problem is coming from has anyone tried that?

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 05:38:46 AM »
    You'll probably get to install Vista again also.