Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help Please Something Is Wrong With Laptop had a little of a month.  (Read 3698 times)

calico50000

I have an Acer Aspire 5050, with Windows Vista Basic. Last night I was doing disk clean up and after that I started  disk defragmenter. I went to bed while it was finishing up and when I woke up I started Windows normally everything came up except for epower management, and calendar. I went to close out of the main window and it said Windows is not Responding. So I rebooted and I started in SAFE MODE, everything works here except there is limitations. I then restarted computer to see if I could work in NORMAL MODE but it froze up again. Some computer tech said Defragmenting may have hurt my hard drive. Is this true? I have tried to find a solution to my problem but I haven't found anything. Is there anyone that can help me. I have no clue what to do. I will take  e-mails <Email Removed to prevent SPAM>. As you can see I'm pretty needy of solutions. So if you can help I will greatly appreciate it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 12:58:56 AM by dl65 »

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Help Please Something Is Wrong With Laptop had a little of a month.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 11:09:02 PM »
Please do not post your email on this forum, it may result in spam (sent by illegal spambots)
(Your phone number is not necessary, but thats your own responsibility)

What Antivirus protection do you have?

Defragmenter is not likely at all to dammage your hard drive.

Try running Scandisk
See this document for instructions:
http://www.computerhope.com/software/scandisk.htm#06
(The directions are very much the same for Windows Vista, and the directions are on the right side of the page)

Possible causes:
Disk error (cluster caused dammage via Defragmenter)
Virus