Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Drives Help... Please help  (Read 4143 times)

ay_ze8

Drives Help... Please help
« on: June 29, 2007, 09:26:41 AM »
On my computer, I have three drives: C:/ (14 GB)  D:/ (18 GB) and F:/ (5 GB). The problem is that the computer downloads everything on to the F drive and windows is installed on that drive. Because it only has 5 GB, there is no space on it to do anything and everytime I try to download an update or anything, it says there is no space left. How can I fix this problem so I can use my other drive like C:/ or possible make F:/ bigger or something.. Please help

The Saviour

Re: Drives Help... Please help
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 09:58:16 AM »
Are we talking about one hard drive with three partitions or three separate hard drives?

What operating system are you using?

What's the make and model of your computer?

If it were me...I'd back up everything I wanted to save from this computer and do a recovery...only if there is only one drive and I mistakingly partitoned it into three separate drives.  I'd also make sure that none of the existing partitions have a hidden image file used for recovery purposes.

Once I had everything backed up...I recover the system to the way I want it.

This may not be what you want to do, though...think about it.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Drives Help... Please help
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 08:09:33 PM »
What is on C: and is there a reason Windows is not installed there ? ?
Is this a dual boot setup ? ?

As far as DLoads you can have them land anywhere you choose. Depending on the browser you are using the directions to set this up are different...

What browser ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "