Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DVD file size to large for burn?  (Read 2902 times)

truenorth

Topic Starter

Guru

DVD file size to large for burn?
    « on: June 27, 2007, 11:28:15 AM »
    I created a MPEG DVD file to my HDD using a hardware/software by ZIO Cameramate and Pro pix Eve. Created from a VHS tape.Saved Mpeg file indicates 2.3 gb. Using 4.7 gb dvd rw disc. Using Nero Startsmart for burning. Message is "file too large for disk". What gives? Math tells me i should have lots of space. The program i am using "Pro Pix Eve" will automatically spit files into 3.6 gb (max) and whatever remains is placed in a 2nd file. However this one is all in one file indicating 2.3 gb. Spent over 1 hour on the phone with ZIO. They could not solve it. Suggestions appreciated.truenorth

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: DVD file size to large for burn?
      « Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 11:44:19 AM »
      truenorth Hummmmm ..... It almost sounds as if Nero is looking at the 2.3gb file and wants to encode it to a differant format for burning ...and the resulting file is too large to fit on the dvd5 disk you have.
      Have you successfully done this before using Nero smartstart ?

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

truenorth

Topic Starter

Guru

Re: DVD file size to large for burn?
        « Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 11:39:41 AM »
        dl65,Thanks for the responce. I have used Nero Startsmart around 50-75 times to create dvd's from vhs transfers (always created with Camera mate and Pro Pix Eve). However this is the only one that came back with a file size of 2.3 gb the others have all been split as 2 files . The 1st being 3.6 gb and the 2nd the varying remainder. Pro pix Eve also has a burning component-which i have never used to burn yet. However just to see what would happen i did try to use Pro pix eve to burn just to see how it would see the file. It too said file too large? Normally 3.6 bg in MPEG DVD translates to about 90 mins of video and it may well be that this particular vhs transfer may have been 90 mins or less (it was a while ago and i don't remember what the length was. Although i feel certain if it was 90 or less it would have been minimally less. Therefore from precedent i would have expected the file to be around 3.6 not 2.3. Is there any other info from the actual stored file i can tell you as it is still on my HDD?truenorth ???