Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New Hardware have making my PC 'hang/freeeze' alot.  (Read 2237 times)

MrDane

New Hardware have making my PC 'hang/freeeze' alot.
« on: June 28, 2007, 08:09:37 AM »
Hi guys

first, sorry if my english is bad. i'm from denmark so my spelling ain't good.

anyways, i bought following:

AMD 64 x2 3800+
ASRock SATA2LIVE-GLAN
2x 1GB DDR2 PC5300? ( 5200 ) Kingston ( dual channel )
Geforce 7800GT 256 DDR

i reinstalled my computer with Windows XP 64x edition which ive been having for a long time, so i decied to get that again.

everything worked awsome, but after what i have figured out... its like if i install SP2 Or some special updates from windows it seems its there it starts getting the problem.

Problem:

Surfing the internet, it sometimes ( sometimes its very rare, other its very often ) 'freezes' tho the music plays, it can play a whole song through, but when it goes to next song sound stops. and you can move the cursor around as much as you want.

If you click either mouse buttons or keyboard buttons its freezes total. but if u give it some time u can move your mouse a bit. and then it freezes again totally and then u have to restart.

and at the first freeze it says a bip from the computer.

Speedfan when idle: http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/1452/bushotnessur5.jpg

The funny thing is that in games, and programs that takes alot of the computers resources theres no problems at all, no freezes, no weird lag nothing.

Ive tryed to reinstall windows 4 times, and its like after 1-3 days it starts doing the freezing .

If you need other info, ill gladly supply with what i can.
cheers guys!

uesquebeathus

Intermediate
    Re: New Hardware have making my PC 'hang/freeeze' alot.
    « Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 10:02:59 AM »
    what player are you using ?

download an updated k-lite codec mega pack from here

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Mega_Codec_Pack.htm

then install it in your computer.
    Please give as much information regarding the Specification and components of your computer and a note about what you were doing when the problem arose and any other relevant thing that you think may help.

MrDane

Re: New Hardware have making my PC 'hang/freeeze' alot.
    « Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 11:10:49 AM »
    Hi m8.

well for movies, avi etc i use GOMPlayer, but else just Winamp and Media Player.
    i got k-lite codecs m8.

but i was wondering if it is overheating problem?
    but it just seems weird that it does it out in windows and not in games.