Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ABIT NF-95 RAM Issue  (Read 2943 times)

F0PS

ABIT NF-95 RAM Issue
« on: June 28, 2007, 10:12:12 AM »
First:(i did search)
"Pages: [1]
No results found"

Ok so i have a home built PC atm, everything works great etc accept when i come to upgrade the RAM. Currently i have a 512mb Stick in there specs of it are:

PC2700
333Mhz
184pin DIMM (64x64)
Manufacturer: the TECH GUYS (bought from PC World)

My second stick wich i just bought of, of ebay and know that its working due to trying it in my brothers PC is again another 512MB Stick, specs again are:

PC2700
333Mhz
184pin DIMM (64x64)
Manufacturer: Samsung

Now each of them work fine on there own, but when i put them togethor trying to make it up too 1GB it boots fine no Beep Code errors but i get a really colourfull screen... as in you know when the TV Stations go offline? and you get all them colours come up its kinda like that ill try get a picture taken and update.

Something that could be causeing this is my on-board GFX Card as it does use some of the RAM.

Anyone who knows how to fix this please do reply, i have tried entering the BIOS and changing some settings on the whole GFX Issue but to no avail...

Heres the whole computer specs if it helps:

Motherboard: Abit NF-95
OnBoard GFX: Integrated NVIDIAŽ GeForceŽ 6100 controllers provides enthusiast-class GeForceŽ 6 graphics features
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3700+
RAM(the problem): 512MB, (want 1GB)

http://www.mvktech.net/content/view/3345/39/(Actual Motherboard)

Can't think of anything else that would cause an issue? other than whats above...

BTW As much as i want to upgrade the GFX Card i really can't afford it and would apreciate any answers that would mean i could keep my current config :p

Thanks for all replys :o

- Fred
(Plus im sure i could stick around and try to help some people) :)

TehGerg

Re: ABIT NF-95 RAM Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 10:17:06 AM »
This might be a shot in the dark but some RAM doesn't play nice together because they like to have different voltages and timings.  If you find out the settings of both sticks of ram enter the higher amount of voltage and the higher ram timings it might work.

F0PS

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 10:19:03 AM »
This might be a shot in the dark but some RAM doesn't play nice together because they like to have different voltages and timings.  If you find out the settings of both sticks of ram enter the higher amount of voltage and the higher ram timings it might work.

Ok then thanks, will give it a shot

F0PS

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 10:41:04 AM »
Ok this is what i've found after google'n:

http://www.samsung.com/Products/Semiconductor/DDR_DDR2/index.htm

- The power etc is listed here, but as i've just found out that my orinal RAM by "The Tech Guys" is actualey made by: "Component Shop" which seems to be made by PC World and there not exactly telling me what kind of Power to try :s

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1335642917.1183048332@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdgaddlgdgmfdjcflgceggdhhmdgmk.0&page=Product&sku=841700&fm=undefined&sm=undefined&tm=undefined&tabIndex=1

So gunna go try the SAMSUNG's one...

Thanks again ;o

F0PS

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 08:40:14 AM »
Ok tried the above info with no result :|

its really starting to get on my nerves now, i've also tried it with 2x Samsung 512mb and its still not working
grrr

guess i should talk to the motherboard manufactuer (ABIT)

- Fred

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 08:22:43 AM »
Before resorting to that travel to Crucial's website to see exactly what type of RAM will work in that board.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "