Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problems with Crtl+Alt+Del Task manager in WinXP  (Read 2499 times)

Ninjachef

Topic Starter

Starter

Problems with Crtl+Alt+Del Task manager in WinXP
    « on: June 30, 2007, 04:02:04 AM »
    So, it comes up with a task list, but that is it. No tabs at the top for processes, or even shut down, and I can't even close the window. I have to use  switch to to even minimize it. I've never heard of something like this, and I'd like to get it fixed. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I just noticed it tonight, after installing a game controller driver, although I'm not sure that is the cause as this isn't exactly something I check all that often.

Win XP SP1, no antivirus/spy/adware.

contrex

Re: Problems with Crtl+Alt+Del Task manager in WinXP
    « Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 04:44:22 AM »
    This comes up every few weeks! You must have double clicked on the border of the Task manager and switched it to "Tiny Footprint Mode". When Task Manager is running in that mode, the tabs, menus etc are hidden. To toggle between tiny foot print mode and normal mode, double click on the border, for example the part shown in red in this image.

Ninjachef

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »
      Thanks a lot. I feel pretty silly now.

contrex

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 04:49:18 PM »
      I feel pretty silly now.

No need whatever to feel silly. This feature of Task Manager is mentioned absolutely nowhere in Windows or the Task Manager help as far as I can see. If you Google for "Task manager missing tabs" there are plenty of pages about it, and plenty of queries from mystified users.