Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DVD/CDrom and CD-R. Did their souls join the family N the Matrix?  (Read 2216 times)

BillyDJ

DVD/CDrom tray opens and closes however it no longer recognizes any DVDs, CD, etc...  I tried resetting the BIOS, I've tried removing it and restarting... it stopped working after I rebooted it (hadn't rebooted in a few days).  Before the reboot I updated iTunes and installed an game from 1996.  I've tried System Restore.  I cannot remove the game because to uninstall it prompts me to insert the games cd in the computer when of course doesn't recognize it.  Help me guys    ;D

Number 2 - my CD-R is completely not working and hasn't for a while now.  It doesn't show up on the "My Computer" screen or in the device manager.  It did reappear once drive and all and worked for a short while then it all disappeared again and has worked since.

Is there any hope left in the universe for me ?  I beg of you oh woooo is me.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: DVD/CDrom and CD-R. Did their souls join the family N the Matrix?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 07:17:24 AM »
Swap them into another  known working machine one at a time to see if they have indeed passed on...

If so we'll do the Rites of Passage.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "