Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Temp Folder problem.  (Read 3306 times)

diceman

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Windows Temp Folder problem.
    « on: July 01, 2007, 07:11:02 AM »
    I am running WindowsXP on a Sony Vaio PCG-FXA36 laptop. I try to keep my temp folders as empty as possible by running my disk cleaner often. I also go into my C disk and into the Windows folder to check the Temp folder to see if it needs cleaning. My problem is when I lay the cursor on the Temp folder icon to see the size of the Temp folder, it says the size is 670 MB, but when I open the Temp folder, it is almost empty. Where are the 670MB that it says are in the Temp folder?  Thank you.

The Saviour

Re: Windows Temp Folder problem.
    « Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 07:11:52 AM »
    Hidden files

contrex

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 08:09:44 AM »
    You can go into Tools - Folder Options in Windows Explorer and select "Show hidden files and folders"

diceman

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
      « Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 08:41:56 AM »
      I double checked my folder options and I did have the computer set to show all hidden files and folders. The Temp folder still says 670MB is in the folder but what is seen inside is maybe 2MB total. Would it be ok to delete the folder and then re-add the folder? Thanks again for your help.