Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I need some Guid Wars help  (Read 3434 times)

nyagan

I need some Guid Wars help
« on: July 08, 2007, 06:38:43 PM »
Alright, here is the deal.

A few weeks ago, everything was fine and dandy and all of a sudden, when i would get into guild wars login screen, it woudn't let me type the letters "C" or "R". witch borth are in my username and password. So I tryed to reinstall it witch normally it works after. But it doesnt' instead it won't even let me download it now.

I got so fed up with this problem, so I called some one to fix it. It did the trick! All he did was "Update my regestery" on my mcafee profile or something like that, then he ran a full sweep on my computer. (useing mcafee) Then i tried to install it again after he left and it was done sweeping. Sucess! I was up and playing for the rest of the night.

Hold on, the story doesn't end there, About two weeks or so later....

For no reason the problem comes back with a vengance! I didn't uninstall it this time, instead i tryed to "Fix Installation" fromt eh screen that pops up when you insert the guild wars prophecies disc (#1). This time the problem is a bit different. Now instead of not being able to type "R" or "C" i cannot type a majority of my keyboard now. At least 70% of all my keys are unusable. And before he came to fix it my mouse was blinking like crazy, and when i wasn't moving it the mouse would dissapear completely.When ever i try to minimize the program or "Restore Down" the window and error comes up asking me if i want to send a report to A-Net. It doesn't really make a differece if you do or not, they don't help anyways. And I have looked all over guildwarsguru.com and guild wiki, looking for solutions to this error and both of them had everything but the error i was looking for

When i am brousing the web the advertisments flash/blink rapidly, witch they have never done before. I was on guildwarsguru.com and i posted about this problem there too. Some one suggested that it was a dust problem, so i got some compressed air and blew the heck out of it. Dust was flying every where. But it still didn't fix the problem, even though performance is a little faster.

But it had been working fine for such a long time, when i played it for the two weeks when it recently worked i checked my "Age" on guild wars and it said that i have been playing if for about 22-23 months now. Sure i would alwasy have lag, some times worse that others, but it still let me run it.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions, I will be sure to try them all.

beanhead07

Hopeful
    Re: I need some Guid Wars help
    « Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 08:32:55 AM »
    Do the keys work for other applications? Have you made any kind of hardware or software changes recently?

btw, nice to see a fellow Guild Wars fan.  ;D Best game ever in my opinion.
    If you hear beans rattling....... that means I'm thinking.