Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: missing rundll files  (Read 4389 times)

stabgnid

missing rundll files
« on: November 08, 2004, 02:31:30 PM »
well i do not no what happened but my computer tells me that i am missing these files  rundll32.exe and its componets please help

thanks computer dummy

merlin_2

Re: missing rundll files
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 02:37:25 PM »
what operating system....is this.......info>http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rundll32.htm
« Last Edit: November 08, 2004, 02:40:58 PM by merlin_2 »

stabgnid

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 02:57:48 PM »
sorry it is windows 98
i have looked every where and can not find it  also ran adware se and norton anti virus

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 03:14:51 PM »
ok...load your win98 install disk...click the browse option..then click the addons folder then click the pws folder...regsvr32 icon is one called setup click this it will re-install you system without losing any files...or in the msdos command prompt... type scanreg/restore after it.. so it looks like this c:\windows scanreg/restore and answer yes...to the splash screen then chose the last good cab-file..

stabgnid

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004, 06:12:43 PM »
well i tried  both ways in the first one there was no addons folder so i tried the msdos and there was 4 thing i tried thelast one and it did not restore the what next ?
                thanks for the help

merlin_2

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 03:21:19 AM »
do you have the win98 disk its strange that you say there is no add ons folder....try again>ok...load your win98 install disk...click the browse option..then click the addons folder then click the pws folder. next to regsvr32 icon is one called setup click this it will re-install you system without losing any files.....or load a recent boot floppy and use the scanreg/restore command...or save files to disk..including your drivers...and re-install win98 or even try scandisk /all command after the msdos prompt...this may take some time...?

stabgnid

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2004, 12:38:07 PM »
ok i have a question about disks need to know if this is right one 1 disk says windows 98 starts here   2 disk says windows 98 it is very shinny and hard to read
please help

merlin_2

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2004, 12:47:55 PM »
the shinny one does is have a hologram on it say microsoft  load it..and the other one of those disks maybe the drivers for your system..

stabgnid

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2004, 01:01:48 PM »
so i put in the shiny one  right ?

merlin_2

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2004, 01:03:45 PM »
right...if is the right one it will display win98...

stabgnid

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2004, 01:28:43 PM »
put shiny one in it gave me these optitions
1) interactice cd
2) cool videos
3) browse this cd ( found adds-on folder there )
4) add/remove programs (will not let me in )

what next ? try that add-on folder ? that i found ?

merlin_2

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2004, 01:32:41 PM »
   know we are getting somewhere next click the pws folder......now scroll down that windows screen  Next regsvr32 icon is one called SETUP click this icon  it will re-install your system ...

stabgnid

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2004, 04:53:06 PM »
found regsvr32.exe  clicked it and it  said -  usage regsvr32 [/u] [/s]dll name
 /u - unregister sever
/s-silent no message box
/c-console output

next to that the icon said- setup.exe  click that it came up personal webserver

so what next ?