Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: NERO Problems...  (Read 5345 times)

lesterj2

Topic Starter

Rookie

NERO Problems...
    « on: July 04, 2007, 06:45:42 PM »
    I am running WindowsVista... but when i open certain webpages i get the error message:

advrcntr2.dll is not found on the system...

if this topic has already been discussed please direct me to the appropriate link...

The Saviour

Re: NERO Problems...
    « Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 07:33:46 PM »
    What version of Nero are you using?

contrex

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 04:28:03 AM »
    If he is getting a Nero message when "opening certain webpages" something is seriously screwed up, isn't it? Since when did one need Nero to open webpages? I know the Nero suite has ambitions to do practically everything, but browing the Web is taking that a bit too far...

Maybe downloading the file from here

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?advrcntr2

and putting it in the folder C:\Windows\System might help, but I think something is badly wrong. Maybe a virus scan is needed?

Richenstony

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 05:16:00 AM »
    I had this problem 100% sure this cant be fixed you may need to reformat i tryed everything and a load of mates on here helped me to , im pretty sure you have tryed to unstall nero and it went corup .

Things i tryed: download the right dll copy and extract into the main nero system setup.

Richenstony

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 09:26:31 AM »
    It may even be likley like it was said up top your nero was infected , the copy you are using is it liget , did you download it of a torrent site , i speak from expreince when i say a lot of the burning software on sites like those and other software alike contain trojan back doors and the worst ive seen is a trojan dialer... so be carefull i still say reformat your computer , in the long run you dont have to worry about future infections, :)

contrex

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 11:02:26 AM »
    It may even be likley like it was said up top your nero was infected

Nero involved in trying to open web pages... that smells of browser hijack...

Richenstony

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 11:09:02 AM »
    Yh ive had some bad browser hi-jackers just ask chris lmao..... the worst ones tend to be the ones the select the size of your screen and load up there site along with a pop-up on your desktop saying download this now..... that bugged the crap out of me , its pretty hard to get shot of them unless you have some suberb virus program otherwise i just reformated my computer , its impossbile to say wether a infection like that is ever truley gone thats why i think this person should re-format whos knows it could be worse than a hijacker .

If im not mistaken if you try and get shot of nero with this dll error it wont allow you to , im 99.9% this person has a virus....

mad_dog

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 11:42:04 AM »
    I had the same problem  turn out  that  the  nero  program i was running turn out it had a trogen in it  wont a problenm tro  just reformated and it was  ok just  git a deff nero     and about the hijacking  that really   sucks i had it happen to me  once before     
     but it's no biggy just annorying

_______________________________________ ______________________________
    intel motherboard
    celelon processesor 500mhz but only gitting 498 out of it
    256 video card
    on board sound

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 09:50:29 AM »
    Meanwhile...he has gone missing.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Richenstony

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 10:04:38 AM »
    Meanwhile...he has gone missing.
    Yh i think he should come back its a bit tricky to get read of what i think he has maybe it should be locked untill he returns , just a thought  ;D

lesterj2

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2007, 05:29:16 PM »
      sorry guys i misplaced the web address and i just found it... but does anybody know the solution to the problem im still having it...

The Saviour

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 04:35:08 AM »
      sorry guys i misplaced the web address and i just found it... but does anybody know the solution to the problem im still having it...

We'd love to help you with a solution...

You might want to try answering some of the questions we've asked you first.

We can't help you, if you cant't help us.

lesterj2

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 09:32:56 PM »
        thanks you guys i fixed it..

Richenstony

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 03:39:59 AM »
        How did you fix it what method worked for you , part of us giving you advice ;D it knowing how you solved the issue.....if you do come back let us know.... ::)

lesterj2

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 03:20:20 PM »
          How did you fix it what method worked for you , part of us giving you advice ;D it knowing how you solved the issue.....if you do come back let us know.... ::)
          i just downloaded QuickTime Player... worked for me...