Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: NERO Problems...  (Read 5367 times)

lesterj2

Topic Starter

Rookie

NERO Problems...
    « on: July 04, 2007, 06:45:42 PM »
    I am running WindowsVista... but when i open certain webpages i get the error message:

advrcntr2.dll is not found on the system...

if this topic has already been discussed please direct me to the appropriate link...

The Saviour

Re: NERO Problems...
    « Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 07:33:46 PM »
    What version of Nero are you using?

contrex

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 04:28:03 AM »
    If he is getting a Nero message when "opening certain webpages" something is seriously screwed up, isn't it? Since when did one need Nero to open webpages? I know the Nero suite has ambitions to do practically everything, but browing the Web is taking that a bit too far...

Maybe downloading the file from here

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?advrcntr2

and putting it in the folder C:\Windows\System might help, but I think something is badly wrong. Maybe a virus scan is needed?

Richenstony

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 05:16:00 AM »
    I had this problem 100% sure this cant be fixed you may need to reformat i tryed everything and a load of mates on here helped me to , im pretty sure you have tryed to unstall nero and it went corup .

Things i tryed: download the right dll copy and extract into the main nero system setup.

Richenstony

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 09:26:31 AM »
    It may even be likley like it was said up top your nero was infected , the copy you are using is it liget , did you download it of a torrent site , i speak from expreince when i say a lot of the burning software on sites like those and other software alike contain trojan back doors and the worst ive seen is a trojan dialer... so be carefull i still say reformat your computer , in the long run you dont have to worry about future infections, :)

contrex

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 11:02:26 AM »
    It may even be likley like it was said up top your nero was infected

Nero involved in trying to open web pages... that smells of browser hijack...

Richenstony

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 11:09:02 AM »
    Yh ive had some bad browser hi-jackers just ask chris lmao..... the worst ones tend to be the ones the select the size of your screen and load up there site along with a pop-up on your desktop saying download this now..... that bugged the crap out of me , its pretty hard to get shot of them unless you have some suberb virus program otherwise i just reformated my computer , its impossbile to say wether a infection like that is ever truley gone thats why i think this person should re-format whos knows it could be worse than a hijacker .

If im not mistaken if you try and get shot of nero with this dll error it wont allow you to , im 99.9% this person has a virus....

mad_dog

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 11:42:04 AM »
    I had the same problem  turn out  that  the  nero  program i was running turn out it had a trogen in it  wont a problenm tro  just reformated and it was  ok just  git a deff nero     and about the hijacking  that really   sucks i had it happen to me  once before     
     but it's no biggy just annorying

_______________________________________ ______________________________
    intel motherboard
    celelon processesor 500mhz but only gitting 498 out of it
    256 video card
    on board sound

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 09:50:29 AM »
    Meanwhile...he has gone missing.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Richenstony

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 10:04:38 AM »
    Meanwhile...he has gone missing.
    Yh i think he should come back its a bit tricky to get read of what i think he has maybe it should be locked untill he returns , just a thought  ;D

lesterj2

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2007, 05:29:16 PM »
      sorry guys i misplaced the web address and i just found it... but does anybody know the solution to the problem im still having it...

The Saviour

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 04:35:08 AM »
      sorry guys i misplaced the web address and i just found it... but does anybody know the solution to the problem im still having it...

We'd love to help you with a solution...

You might want to try answering some of the questions we've asked you first.

We can't help you, if you cant't help us.

lesterj2

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 09:32:56 PM »
        thanks you guys i fixed it..

Richenstony

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 03:39:59 AM »
        How did you fix it what method worked for you , part of us giving you advice ;D it knowing how you solved the issue.....if you do come back let us know.... ::)

lesterj2

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 03:20:20 PM »
          How did you fix it what method worked for you , part of us giving you advice ;D it knowing how you solved the issue.....if you do come back let us know.... ::)
          i just downloaded QuickTime Player... worked for me...

The Saviour

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2007, 03:31:17 PM »
          i just downloaded QuickTime Player... worked for me...

Wait a minute...

I'm glad you fixed your problem, but let me ask you this...

Is Nero now working, or are you just using another media player, in this case QuickTime, to view streaming media on these "certain web pages" you were referring to in your original post?