Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trouble with Hotmail and Outlook '03  (Read 2500 times)

Aimee

Trouble with Hotmail and Outlook '03
« on: July 04, 2007, 11:36:09 PM »
Trouble with Hotmail and Outlook '03:

I tried added a hotmail account to Outlook. The settings are all good, it added no problems. The thing is it wont send and receive any hotmail.

An error message comes up (0x800CCCF6) : 'The server responded 'Access to Hotmail via Outlook and Outlook Express now requires a subscription. Please sign up at http://join.msn.com/general/Email'.'

I have gone to that website and it has all the offers, such as hotmail, messenger; special offers etc .... surely I don't have to sign up for all of them, that's just stupid.

I click on the hotmail icon and 'sign up', it then says I have already signed up (hence I have ninemsn hotmail) ... I also have messenger, so I don't know what the heck the problem is with it.

Any ideas?

Aimee

Re: Trouble with Hotmail and Outlook '03
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 11:48:57 PM »
Oh

BTW, the error states Outlook AND OE require subscription .... My partner uses OE with Hotmail with no problems, so this cannot be a case of Outlook or OE refusing free mail accounts ?... .there has to be another explanation?

Cheers

Aimee

Panda25

Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 01:21:16 PM »
    I did a search on Google and found that Hotmail no longer allows free accounts to use Outlook Express any more.  This is because Hotmail is paid for using the advertising and if you use Outlook, they wouldn't be able to advertise at you any more.

You may consider signing up for a Gmail account.  They allow you to use any e-mail client.  You can sign up for a FREE account at www.gmail.com

Also, here is a link to instructions on how to configure Outlook to get your Gmail.
    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13276#manual

Hope this helps.  Sorry about the Hotmail not letting you get your mail in Outlook.   :'(

Aimee

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 07:00:26 PM »
    *censored*....

Ok, thanks