Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video or HDD problem  (Read 1959 times)

Dark.Raven

Video or HDD problem
« on: July 05, 2007, 03:44:02 PM »
Hi ^^ First post WOOT!

Anyways, onto the problem. Today when I got home from summer school, my dad asked me if I knew what was wrong with their computer (I am currently on my own). The computer has been running perfectly fine since they had it. No problems or anything. My parents do not download stuff and my sisters only use the net for Myspace. My dad did a normal shutdown last night before he went to bed (start menu -> shutdown).

Their computer is a eMachines, 1.8 GHz AMD Sempron with 512 RAM, currently running Windows XP SP2. I turned on their computer and It didn't make the usual noises it did when it starts up and the monitor was turned on, but the power light was flashing as if there was no signal. I checked all of the connections and plugged in the power cords into another outlet, but still no luck. I also opened up the case and removed all of the peripherals and plugged them back in. Still no luck.

Apon further inspection, I noticed that when the computer starts up, the HDD LED light doesn't flash, so I know it's not loading... I've also tried other monitors and I've moved the computer to another location in our house, but when I did that, the computer didn't even boot up >.< I was going to attempt to add a new GFX card but the xtra I had was not PCI express so it didn't work >>

What really annoys me though, is that I've taken a computer engineering class at high-school last year and I still cannot figure out the problem. I've googled, I've looked on other forums, but still no luck >>

So now I'm turning to the experts and hoping that I can fix my moms computer before she explodes...

Thank you in advance ^^

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Video or HDD problem
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 09:16:13 PM »
I am thinking CMOS battery,or PSU.

You can get another CMOS battery for
 about 5 dollars least expensive trial
and error approach.
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

Dark.Raven

Re: Video or HDD problem
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 01:33:36 AM »
Alrighty, I'll try that, Thanks ^^