Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Registry  (Read 2676 times)

sultantanoli

Registry
« on: July 25, 2007, 08:39:45 AM »
How to enable regedit & taskmanager

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Registry
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 09:26:37 AM »
Are you using Windows XP?  To open regedit, go to Start, Run, type regedit in the Open box, and click OK.  To open Task Manager, hit Ctrl/Alt/Del.

beanhead07

Hopeful
    « Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 02:18:39 PM »
    I wouldn't recommend messing with regedit unless you really know what you are doing though. (not downing your computer skills or anything, but just saying)
    If you hear beans rattling....... that means I'm thinking.

Anodoin

Intermediate

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 07:59:13 PM »
      He might have some malware.  I once had an annoying bug that closed regedit and taskmanager within a second of opening them, made it very difficult to disable the program. 

I had to boot into safe mode, dig through the registry for the programs starting automatically, and delete the files related to it. 

endlevel

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 06:16:18 AM »
      if your question is that you want to open registry & Task manager
      then open RUN & type REGEDIT 4 Registry & taskmgr 4 Task Manager.

OR

if your question is that your Registry & Task Manager are Disable due to VIRUS,
      1st you have to clear all Viruses with updated Anti Virus,

problems such as you can no longer bring up Windows Task Manager from CTRL+ALT+DEL. You get the error message saying "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator".

You think that it's easy to fix this problem by going to Registry Editor but you can't! You get the error message "Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator".

Folder Options and even Show Hidden Files & Folder is disabled! How frustrating! Don't worry, here's how to restore your Windows Task Manager, Registry Editor, Folder Options and Show hidden files & folders.

Here's a free tool called Remove Restrictions Tool (RRT) which is able to re-enables all what the virus had previously disabled, and gives you back the control over your own computer.

Remove Restrictions Tool is able to re-enable:
      - Registry Tools (regedit)
      - Ctrl+Alt+Del
      - Folder Options
      - Show Hidden Files

Download Link..  http://download.sergiwa.com/security/RRT.exe

Go & Enjoy....!