Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Optorite RW DD1205  (Read 2325 times)

mtnbkr01201

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Optorite RW DD1205
    « on: July 07, 2007, 08:25:53 PM »
    Hi everyone
    I hope everybody here is well.
    If I may ask for a solution to a DVD problem, I have an Optorite WR DD1205 and it plays fine, but when I want to copy a DVD - it seems to go through all the motions, even says it copyed, but when I try to play the disc that was copied to - it won't play, my computer shows there is info on the disc, I am stumped.
    If you can offer any help I would be greatful.
    Thank you
    Bill

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Optorite RW DD1205
    « Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 08:45:47 AM »
    This sounds like you are not finalising the burn project...check in the burning program itself and make sure "multi-session" option is turned off...

BTW which program are you using to burn ? ?

Also you could DLoad and install IsoBuster which will read disks that haven't been finalised.

Hope this Helps.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

mtnbkr01201

Topic Starter

Rookie
      « Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 07:14:30 PM »
      Hi
      And thank you for responding so quickly.
      Well, the programs I've been using always say it's finalizing the disc, and what I've been using for programs - are Nero ( which came with the DVD WR, and the other one I use from time to time is Cosmi DVD ripper Plus.
      Normally I have done fine with them both, but for more then a month or so they will read ok, play DVD's, but not burn.
      I've even gone as far as reinstalling everything, including windows xp, thinking maybe my programs became comprimized.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 07:34:18 PM »
      I don't believe DVD's can simply be copied...look into a program called DVDShrink...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "