Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laggy Webcam  (Read 2722 times)

Darcstarr

Laggy Webcam
« on: July 07, 2007, 10:27:10 AM »
Hey I own a PC USB Internet Video Camera WC10 from Logitech Electronics Inc. and TeleMax Communications. I have noticed that I'm not getting the video quality I was hoping for. Although I wasn't hoping for anything stunning I was hoping for smoother video when I'm using it on Windows Live Messenger. So what I wanted to know is if theres anyone who would be able to help me achieve a smoother video conference over MSN. Thanks.

Trinox

Re: Laggy Webcam
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 02:23:31 PM »
In most cases, Internet connection is the main cause of "Webcam lag". After all, all a webcam does is send pictures to the one you're having a conversation with.

To do that, the webcam needs to upload the pictures onto your chat-friend. The only solution, that I think is the problem, is to upgrade your Internet connection.

Darcstarr

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 06:46:42 PM »
Hmm...Well sometimes its quite smooth when I'm talking to certain people, so would it reflect more on the person I'm having a conference with more than how fast my connection is. I do have high speed internet so it shouldn't be as choppy as it is. If it is to do with my connection then besides spending a lot of money upgrading what else do you suggest I can do to speed it up?

Darcstarr

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 11:35:46 AM »
I also have an issue with a video conference with a specific person on MSN where as soon as I connect with them with my webcam it will freeze. MSN doesn't freeze just the video conference then shortly after the video conference window will close saying that it was ended. This also only happens when I send webcam not when I receive it, so I am able to view theres just fine, but mine freezes. Could someone provide any assistance with this please. Thanks.