Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Save My Settings Wizard won't let me import my OPS file  (Read 3228 times)

ristretto6

Save My Settings Wizard won't let me import my OPS file
« on: July 08, 2007, 07:21:17 PM »
Has anyone ever had troubles with this feature before?  I have been using it to back up my autocorrect settings and macros for the past year and have been extremely happy with it, as my work depends on having these autocorrect settings at my fingertips.  However I just tried to do a restore with my backup of my saved settings (OPS) file and I get the following error message: "The OPS file cannot be read by the wizard.  For more information, see the proflwiz.hlp file."  I checked this file out and can't figure out why it's not working, and am getting pretty desperate at this point because my work really depends on these settings which I thought I had done a great job of backing up!  I even tried an earlier version of the file and still the same problem. 

Any ideas, or has anyone encountered this before??  I am using the same version of Office that I used to save the file, so that's not the problem...

Thanks so much in advance,
-lindsey

0flasc

Re: Transferring AutoCorrect entries to a New Computer
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 10:34:32 AM »
Greetings Guys:
   I'm upgrading to a new computer. I would like to transfer my AutoCorrect entries from Ms Word 97 to the new computer, preferably using the Save Settings feature and creating a .OPS file. Has anyone done this successfully? If so, please tell me how its done.
   Thanks to all.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Save My Settings Wizard won't let me import my OPS file
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 10:47:38 AM »