Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: sound card issue with msn messenger...help...  (Read 2769 times)

scenicdrives

sound card issue with msn messenger...help...
« on: October 27, 2004, 03:51:54 AM »
Hi there, I have recently installed a new yamaha sound card on my compaqENS/C600. The sound card is functioning well in all other areas after I disabled the on board sound card, until I tried to have a conversation on msn. I got this message that I don't have a sound card :o I tried to run the wizard in tools but got the same message....please help... thanx. Cheers

Raptor

Re: sound card issue with msn messenger...help...
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 04:07:18 AM »
(Re)install proper drivers.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: sound card issue with msn messenger...help...
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 03:29:09 PM »
OK. What you want to do is make sure that everything is plugged in properly, and then download the proper drivers for it. Another thing is that maybe your computer is not compatible with the sound card that you put into it. You might have to be more careful with looking at the box before you buy..... Also, maybe there is a connection problem. Sometimes, if the drivers don't go into the computer before the sound card, then the computer will refuse to detect the card..... If all fails call the people that made the card, and have them tell you what to do next...

[glb]Flame[/glb]