Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop to project  (Read 2055 times)

sdouthwaite

Laptop to project
« on: July 12, 2007, 01:02:15 PM »
Hi all,

I am having a problem connecting a Dell d510 laptop to a hitachi projector, the problem is that i am not able to get an image on the projector.

I Have tried swapping out the cables and have also tried the same laptop on the same model projector in a different room, which works fine.

I have also tried a different model laptop on the on the projector, which also works fine.

The reolution is fine and all of the equipment is working.

If anyone has any ideas on how i can overcome ths problem please let me know.

Thanks

Stuart

beanhead07

Hopeful
    Re: Laptop to project
    « Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 02:06:21 PM »
    Have you ever been able to get the project to work with the Dell before now? Or have you always had this problem with this particular projector hooking up to the Dell?
    If you hear beans rattling....... that means I'm thinking.

sdouthwaite

Re: Laptop to project
    « Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 10:12:05 AM »
    I'm using 3 of the same laptops but all were built using the same ghost image, i have taken down the projector and set it p and managed to get it working for a short period but once i restart the machine it fails again. I have also tried connecting them to benq and a NEC projectors but am getting the same result. They will work on one of the projectors in another oom but none of the others.

Someone has mentioned to me that it may be a power phase issue but I have no idea what i can do to rectify this.