Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help with resizing RAID 1 array!  (Read 2031 times)

pacorod

Help with resizing RAID 1 array!
« on: July 14, 2007, 11:16:12 PM »
Originally, I had two 160 GB drives making up a RAID 1 volume. I then upgraded one drive to 300 GB and rebuilt the RAID 1 array, which resulted in no RAID 1 array volume size increase...it was still a 160 GB RAID 1 array. Then, I replaced the remaining 160 GB drive and installed a 320 GB drive. I rebuilt the RAID 1 volume again. I was expecting a jump in RAID 1 volume size from 160 GB to 300 GB, but to my surprise, it remained at 160 GB!

Both drives currently installed are Seagate Barracuda Serial ATA drives. Intel's Storage Utility (software I use to manage the RAID 1 array) recognizes they are of 300 GB and of 320 GB capacities, respectively, but it lists the RAID 1 array as having a 160 GB capacity.

Also, Intel storage utility won't let me break the RAID volume (split the mirror) so I can increase the main partition of one of the disks using Partition Magic.

Can't I just disconnect a hard drive from the computer, resize the partition in the remaining connected hard drive using Partition Magic, reconnect the hard drive I previously disconnected, and then rebuild the Raid 1 array using Intel Storage Utility? Please help!

DeltaSlaya

Apprentice
  • Google
    Re: Help with resizing RAID 1 array!
    « Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 11:31:34 PM »
    Did you really need to start a new thread? This problem appears to be remarkably similar to your previous thread, which I recommend you focus your attention on so that your problem is resolved more quickly.
    System specs:
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (up to 3.3 stock V and air)
    ASUS Striker Extreme
    XFX 8600GT XXX Edition
    2x 1gB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800
    Seagate Barracuda 320gB SATA
    Raidmax Ninja 918 (520W ATXV2.0 PSU)
    -