Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I cant play the game  (Read 4755 times)

simon123123

I cant play the game
« on: July 16, 2007, 02:46:48 AM »
I ve downloaded The sims Deluxe edition onto my computer and tried to run it.
it does all the bit with the music and the words running across the bottom of the screen and instead of at the end loading up the screen with all houses on it it just closes down.

i was wondering what to do.

something i might need to add, i downloaded sims on holiday as well and when installing it it came up with a message saying that something was already installed. i cwas wondering what to do!?!

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: I cant play the game
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 02:49:25 AM »
What do you mean by 'I ve downloaded The sims Deluxe edition onto my computer'

Dark Blade

• Forum Gaming Master

• Adviser

• Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 04:28:41 AM »
What do you mean by 'I ve downloaded The sims Deluxe edition onto my computer'
Hmmm... could mean two things.

1. Some computer illiterates think that putting data (in anyway, such as from a disk) is downloading, so simon could have put the disk in and installed.

2. Downloaded The Sims from any P2P/file-sharing network (bitTorrent, LimeWire).

If it is that later, I would have many responses as to why the games doesn't work...

simon123123

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 05:48:08 AM »
very sorry, i uploaded it from the CD

ive tried to install on my other computer to see what happens and it wont load up at all! maybe its because of some antivirus software i dunno but i cant install it coz its just not loading.

SpdySloth

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 09:17:44 AM »
I've had problems with Maxis Games, in specific Sims games, not wanting to uninstall in the past. Sims games are just odd like that.

Try going to the control panel and to the reinstall/unistall program list and unistalling it there. Then make sure your OS firewall is allowing the publisher and the game to run on your computer. (Can find these options in control panel). Then try reinstalling the game.

If you still get the same thing happening, try reinstalling it instead of unistalling it on the programs list.

...Bout all the suggestions I've got for now other than finding a new game to play.