Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: invalid cd  (Read 2662 times)

taxiuk

invalid cd
« on: July 15, 2007, 01:31:40 PM »
hi every one
I have a IBM X40 (no cd or dvd)running win xp pro laptop which I had a massage that my usb overloaded so I bought a pci card usb the only problem is it cannot  read win xp disk or any other .iso files from boot (I cam from window only)which lead to cannot format my drive.and the other problem is , every time you need to reboot the laptop through installing software or win i had to do it cold start(pressing the off switch )

Deerpark

Egghead
    Re: invalid cd
    « Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 01:50:28 PM »
    Uhh so what exactly is your problem? you need to reinstall Windows? And also if its a laptop then what are you doing with a pci card?
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

contrex

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 02:01:14 PM »
    if its a laptop then what are you doing with a pci card?

probably means pcmcia

taxiuk

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 01:03:16 AM »
    hi again
    sorry its right pcmci because  i said my USB'S are overloaded and i think they'r dead (thanks)

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 08:25:31 PM »
    How did you overload your USB's ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

taxiuk

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 07:33:41 AM »
    thank u
    I have a usb 2 card reader with extra three usb ports and fan to cool my lap top which it worked OK all the time and the strange thing is the power still going through to the fan and it's working OK apart from the usb and the  card readers ....... cant remember what i was doing but I notice the message USB over loaded .

contrex

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 11:55:42 AM »
    usb ports can only supply a limited amount of power, 2.25 Watts, so any combination of devices which draws total power in excess of that via one port will cause problems.