Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New printer won't write checks with Quicken program  (Read 3907 times)

zonker1

New printer won't write checks with Quicken program
« on: July 20, 2007, 08:27:47 AM »
Hello!
My sister has MS and needs to print checks using Basic Quicken 2007.  She bought a new printer - an HP Photosmart C4180 - and it won't allow her to print checks.  She talked to a rep at HP who told her she needs to buy a different printer ($900.00 - not an option) and a different rep told her she needs to have an inkjet printer instead of a Photosmart.  She's not running a business; she just needs to be able to print the occassional personal check.  Can anyone help us, please?  Thanks!
Deb

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: New printer won't write checks with Quicken program
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 09:05:05 AM »
  She talked to a rep at HP who told her she needs to buy a different printer ($900.00 - not an option) and a different rep told her she needs to have an inkjet printer instead of a Photosmart. 
That advice from HP is absolute non-sense.  Just about any printer that's capable of printing 8 1/2 X 11 paper should work fine for printing checks.  That Photosmart C4180 is an All-in-One unit, isn't it?  Clearly, it should print from Word, Excel, etc., and therefore, can print checks.  Has she used the printer for plain text documents?  Exactly what happens when she tries to print a check? 

The problem may be in setting up the print settings for printing a check within Quicken.  I suggest you/she visit Quicken Community /  Forums /  Quicken for Windows and try using that forum for this issue. 

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: New printer won't write checks with Quicken program
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 09:42:41 AM »
And from what i've read if this is an "ahem " version of Quicken this won't work...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "