Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: RE:NEW DVD+-RW DOESNT PLAY DVDS  (Read 3332 times)

BIGDOGESPINOZA

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    RE:NEW DVD+-RW DOESNT PLAY DVDS
    « on: November 13, 2004, 01:29:48 AM »
    [glb][/glb]I RECENTLY PURCHASED A NEW DVD+-RW RECORDER and after installing it on my PC (E MACHINES 600 MHZ P3 60GB HD 512RAM w/WIN XP) it would not play my dvds. This is a plug and play device with no drivers. I contacted the manufacturer and the tech support talked me through some things and could not tell me whats going on. I was hoping any of you PC gods could help me. The PC recognizes the dvd-rw but can not play dvds. i even installed power dvd and nero for the decoders and still nothing. The only message I get is that win media player or nero or power dvd (whatever one I use) says that it has encountered a problem and has to close now. I click on details and it states that it can not verify my license or ip address on this computer. The win xp I am using is xp proff and have tried to reinstall it but still got the same thing. Please help.

merlin_2

BIGDOGESPINOZA

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
      Re: RE:NEW DVD+-RW DOESNT PLAY DVDS
      « Reply #2 on: November 13, 2004, 12:26:49 PM »
       Thank you so much for your reply Mr.Merlin.
      Unfortunatelly it seems my winXP is a copied version
      I Purchased this PC from a friend who says that it was legit---he does not have the winxp anymore. But I dont understand, I have the product key and do everything it tells me to do when installing it.
      Is there anything else I can do other than purchasing another os?
      please help Merlin.

merlin_2

Re: RE:NEW DVD+-RW DOESNT PLAY DVDS
      « Reply #3 on: November 13, 2004, 12:42:44 PM »
      try another player>http://www.cliprex.com/  and read more on what is m$oft doing>http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/windows/0,39020396,39154267,00.htm  discliamer i could tell you more but...hang on a minute e machinces can with a double cdrom recovery disks<or one dvd recovery disk>...therefore is might not be illegal...has the image is..on the hard drive..if you have the product key and the disks is legal...and you have no worrys..unless the previous owner registed it...find e4me.com website and see if they can help you...
      « Last Edit: November 13, 2004, 12:49:37 PM by merlin_2 »