Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MAJOR graphics screw up  (Read 7894 times)

Richenstony

Re: MAJOR graphics screw up
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2007, 02:19:36 PM »
n.p At least you know how to take out your drivers now ;D............... try and get a Geforce if you can  if you do need to get a new graphics card...

Mooge

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2007, 07:47:58 PM »
Is a Geforce better than a Radeon?

Richenstony

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007, 07:51:48 PM »
Well geforce as they say in nvidia its that way games are meant to be played  ;)

I personally think Geforce is better i had to put up with a smelly radeon 9200 yuk , go with geforce , i think there the best.... and there cards look great....there nofing like Geforce performance....

Mooge

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2007, 08:05:15 PM »
Well I'm gonna take my computer into bestbuy and hopefully they'll recommend getting a new one so I can get a Geforce.

Do you think my graphics card meets the requirements to play World of Warcraft? It's the X800. I think it's pretty good but I'm not quite sure.

Richenstony

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2007, 08:07:48 PM »
well heres the system requirements to play world of war craft :     

Windows98/ME/2000/XP
    * 800 MHz or higher CPU
    * 256 MB RAM
    * 32 MB 3D graphics card with hardware transform and lighting, such as GeForce 2 or better
    * 4 GB or more of available hard drive space
    * DirectX® 9.0c or above
    * A 56k or higher modem with an Internet connection

Mooge

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2007, 08:09:53 PM »
I'm petty sure I meet those requirements...hmm where would I find my sytem specs?

Richenstony

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2007, 08:13:22 PM »
well........you have you got go into control panel and click system it will come up with it all in there.....

Mooge

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2007, 08:23:38 PM »
well it didn't say everything but I'm pretty sure I meet the requirements. I have like 1 GB of RAM, like 3 GHz, Direct 9 X, the X800 is supposed to be pretty good according to this thing: http://ati.amd.com/products/radeonx800/index.html, and I think I have about 4 GB of space on my hard drive...

Well I don know. I guess I'll find out what's wrong when I take it in for a check up. Anyways thanks for the help. You reply so fast lol. I'll post what was wrong when I find out. That could be in a week or so.

Thanks again,
                      ~Mooge  ;)

Richenstony

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2007, 08:31:07 PM »
NP LOL also i think you should try and get a extra gb of ram.......... it could change your whole gaming experience or it could just make it a tad bit faster lol but its always good...... ;) Gluck

srtony1946

Apprentice

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2007, 01:23:22 PM »
    I have a ATI grafics card, I noticed when I installed it that It had a fan connected to it. Your fan may be malfunctioning. Just an idea.