Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: media player 10.  (Read 1937 times)

ozcrash

media player 10.
« on: July 23, 2007, 07:36:32 PM »
Hoping somebody can help here.  I recently updated from media player 10 to windows media player 11 and unfortunately found that some of my live video broadcasts, namely live racing were not available.   I spent a number of days trying to correct the matter without result and was eventually informed by  the TAB that I would have to go back to media player 10  I went to control panel and removed medium player 11 but windows did not automatically give me media player 10,  In fact I got nothing.  I then went and downloaded a new media player 10 however on four occasions now I have been met with "THIS VERSION OF WINDOWS MEDIA TECHNOLOGIES IS INCOMPATTIBLE WITH THIS VERSION OF WINDOWS" I found this strange because I had media player 10 for the 18 months I have had this computer.My computer is a dell gx270 Pentium 4, 2.8, 512mb, 40 gb, XP Pro COPA Sound, 10/100m USB2.0 CD-ROM, SP2, and just recently inserted Nero)  Would appreciate any help.  Many Thanks.

michaewlewis

Intermediate
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
Re: media player 10.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 10:45:36 AM »
you can try a system restore. Go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore
Figure out when you installed WM11 and restore to that point. However, other programs installed after your upgrade might be affected.