Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Flashplayer 9 not working on a sub-account...  (Read 2412 times)

Floreiht

Flashplayer 9 not working on a sub-account...
« on: July 25, 2007, 08:54:42 AM »
I'm in a bit of a predicament involving Adobe Flashplayer 9 and most likely Norton Anti-virus.

Note: I'm running Windows XP, Internet Explorer, with Norton-Antivirus software.

I found a way to install the Flashplayer, and it now works wonderfully...only on the computer's main/administrative account, however.  My account (a sub-account that also has administrative listing) is in a muddle.  Most applications on the internet don't work (drop-down menues, Youtube videos), among other things.  I can no longer use the "Find on Page" option without getting a blank popup that says "Internet Explorer Script Error" that refuses to close unless I cntrl-alt-delete it.  The same happens when I open my Corel Painter program, which has nothing to do with the internet.

And this is all on only one account.  Strange thing is as well...I installed the flashplayer while logged on to my account, not the main one.

I have a feeling that Norton Antivirus is behind some portion of this, and I can't figure out how to turn it off without completely removing the program, which my dad would not be happy about.

And so, as a little non-computer-savvy teen, I beg for help. :P  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

-The attatched image is of the blank error message.

[Saving disk space -  old attachment deleted by admin]

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Flashplayer 9 not working on a sub-account...
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 12:09:57 PM »
Sounds like the account itself is having problems as there are more than one issue...try creating a new account and see. If it runs fine just delete the old one.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Floreiht

Re: Flashplayer 9 not working on a sub-account...
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 12:26:08 PM »
I created a new account, but it had the same issues.  I might end up simply running the computer on one account if this keeps up. :P  I'm asking all over the internet for anyone that has any ideas.  If a solution pops up I'll post it here.