Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Programs & USB Drives from XP  (Read 3594 times)

jjbtcp

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Programs & USB Drives from XP
    « on: July 27, 2007, 06:48:02 AM »
    I have a USB Thumb Drive which has ".exe" firmware on it, I'm trying to use it with Vista. You run the application on it to access the things you have stored on it. when I double click it to go into it like I used to on XP it just makes a sound and won't start.

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm guessing it's just because it's not compatible with Vista.
    Regards,
                     Joshua

Richenstony

Re: Programs & USB Drives from XP
    « Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 07:44:22 AM »
    You could be right there....

Give me the make of the thumb drive as well as the storage on it and any serials if any on the usb drive i will look into it .....to see if it is compatible with vista , you never know with that OS......

Tony :)

jjbtcp

Topic Starter

Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 06:26:59 PM »
      Sorry, i fell asleep - just woke up.   It's a 512MB JumpDrive Secure II.

http://store.lexar.com/?category=23&subcategory=39&productid=JDSE512-431

follow the link. The page you will see shows the one i have, it says works with windows vista. But i bought it like 2 years ago and obviously then it wasn't made to work with vista.

So you think it's just not compatible? and many ".exe" programs i've made years ago in Visual Basic (programming) don't work either?
      Regards,
                       Joshua

Richenstony

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 06:32:53 PM »
      Ok i will try and give you a helping hand on this.... but i need to ask a favor can you teach me how to use visual basic......not today im so tired but maybe sometime soon , ive always wanted to know....

Tony ;)

jjbtcp

Topic Starter

Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 06:38:08 PM »
        I'd love to teach you but I made those programs last year and I decided to stop programming in Visual Basic because I wanted to start at a more complicated level. So I can't remember how to even make the programs I made, lol. Sorry. But if i did know i would help you learn.
        Regards,
                         Joshua

Richenstony

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 06:48:48 PM »
        Oh ok no worry s ....... im not 100% sure on what to suggest to you here , i don't know why its not reading , because it should be.......

Wait for patio  , or one of the other hardware experts .... im really confused to be honest.....

Sorry i couldn't of any help  :-\

Tony :)