Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Missing command and menu bars in ie7 64 bit browser vista  (Read 3824 times)

bclere2

Missing command and menu bars in ie7 64 bit browser vista
« on: July 29, 2007, 04:11:15 PM »
My command bars, menu bars and stars (favorites) all  disappeared in the 64 bit ie7 browser. Otherwise it works just fine. The 32 bit browser also works fine. It is a system wide problem as regardless of which ID is used to login, the problem persists. There apparently is no repair or reinstall facility for IE7 and i'm not about to reinstall Vista (took me three months to get it working reasonable well)! My guess is that modification of the registry can fix it but I have no idea what to modify since the registry entries do not appear to differentiate between the 32 bit and 64 bit browsers. The last thing I want to do is mess up the 32 bit one! Also, when open, the explorer bar at the bottom of the screen is blank, showing only the IE logo with no address filled in. I have been referred to online fixes that apply to XP an IE 6 but have found nothing for Vista, IE7 64 bit. Any registry wizards out there?