Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can I remove all the $ntuninstall#######$ files in my windows dir there are alot  (Read 2354 times)

rcracer

Please help comp running slow

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
Yes - but those are not the reason for your pc running slow unless you are running out of disk space.   They are uninstallers for MS hotfixes etc, perhaps you should consider backing them up to cd prior to deleting, you might need to uninstall a hotfix at some time.

Look for another reason for your pc slowing down.

One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

rcracer

Thank You.
Im trying to find the reason it slowed up on me.
The comp is a dell latitude 1.2ghz w/512 ram and my home comp is a 900mhz
amd runs twice as fast I have spyware and norton but they don't see a problem.
My hard drive is an 18.5g and about 11g used. Any more help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again
Rob

payroll96

I hate to ask you this silly question. Have you checked your hard drive for errors and defragged it? I know that doing this has helped some of the people I know, with this same poblem.

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
Unfortunately as soon as someone mentions running Norton on a pc which slows then Norton sure gets the blame and not without reason.   Norton is a notoriously bad resource hog.   For how long have you experienced this slowdown and how long since you did a bit of housekeeping like CCleaner, Defrag etc?

Do you have any un-necessary programs running in the background, things like digital camera software etc which should only be started as & when required.  Have you checked your start-up list lately?

One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.