Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Not getting sound out of my DVDs  (Read 2823 times)

marlon84

Not getting sound out of my DVDs
« on: December 10, 2007, 11:37:57 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am kind of frustrated beacuse I've been digging everywhere and I don't find an answer. I can't get any sound when I play any of my dvds. I am currently using a Intel Desktop Board DP965LT, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.2 Ghz, I am running Win XP Professional SP2 and I usually play my music and videos with Win Media Player 11. I get sound from all my compact discs, from any mp3 files and videos but whenever I try play a DVD the images go on without sound at all. My DVD unit is a Lite On LH-20A1P and I have installed the drivers of my motherboard. I found a firmware update for my DVD unit, but just in case it does not work, which could be the reason of this issue? Any suggestions, will be truly appreciated.

Chrisxs5

Hopeful
  • Sup!?
    • Where we learn IT daily!
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Not getting sound out of my DVDs
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 02:13:22 PM »
Are you playing your CD's from the DVD drive. If so this is not the solution. Most CDRoms/DVD drives should have an audio cable that goes from your DVD drive to your Sound Card. If you are missing this cable you will need to refer the install manual for instructions. Please note that some dont need this cable but I have found most do.
Check out my blog: http://vitrookie.com

System, Network, Virtualization, Storage, ETC Admin with a bunch of certs and an ego trip!

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 04:32:01 PM »
Are you playing your CD's from the DVD drive. If so this is not the solution. Most CDRoms/DVD drives should have an audio cable that goes from your DVD drive to your Sound Card. If you are missing this cable you will need to refer the install manual for instructions. Please note that some dont need this cable but I have found most do.

Not since Windows 98.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

homer

Expert
    « Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 05:56:18 PM »
    what media player are you using for your DVD's? i recommend using VLCMedia Player, although it looks like their website is down at this time.

Most CDRoms/DVD drives should have an audio cable that goes from your DVD drive to your Sound Card.

that cable is for CD/DVD drives that have a front audio hookup on them, most optical drives do not have this anymore.

marlon84

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 06:23:30 AM »
    Hey Mr. Homer,

Thank you much for your suggestion. I just installed the VLC and I put a DVD of Led Zeppelin inside. What a pleasure to hear the music from my speakers again!!!

It's wonderful how you help us (non computers experts) solve our little issues :)

Thanks and best regards,

Marlon.