Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help with internet problems  (Read 2878 times)

seza1969

Need help with internet problems
« on: August 02, 2007, 12:45:08 AM »
Can someone out there please tell me whats wrong with my computer. Whenever we try to log into any sites that you must log into such as Yahoo mail, hotmail, my ebay etc the page is coming up blank and says done also has this message    http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=yahoo+mail&meta
and then will proceed to come up as cannot find server. Internet is working for every other site???? Not ure if its related but this started after our son installed photoshop?

mellybelly

Re: Need help with internet problems
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 08:31:33 PM »
This happened to me too.
Even when i try to log on to MSN messenger, facebook, ebay or hotmail it wont let me.
Im still waiting for help on my question =)

uesquebeathus

Intermediate
    Re: Need help with internet problems
    « Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 11:03:52 AM »
    what browser are you using?

if it is Internet Explorer check that all security settings are at least "medium"

click tools/internet options/ security/ then each of the four items "internet" "local Network" "Trusted sites" "Restricted sites" 

you could set "privacy" to default then gradually up the security as you see fit.

anything above medium can make it harder for some sites to open, but anything below is making it easy for trouble to happen as the security will be open to any web hacks etc to get into your computer.
    Please give as much information regarding the Specification and components of your computer and a note about what you were doing when the problem arose and any other relevant thing that you think may help.