Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My Monitor keeps on going to standby mode for some reason. NEED HELP  (Read 4066 times)

Alex-B

Heres the problem, i recently bought a new graphics card GeForce 7600 GS. There was no dramas for the first week but after, my monitor kept on going to standby.(Green light goes to Orange light). This happens every time i try to turn on the computer so it takes me like 3-30 tries to turn on my computer, and when i do turn it on, sometimes the monitor turns off again. I get really pissed of when that happens, if someone could give me advise on what might be wrong, that would be nice. If i don't get any advise soon ill probably break the computer with my fist, so please help if you know what is wrong. :)
Thank You
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 03:05:24 AM by Alex-B »

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: My Monitor keeps on going to standby mode for some reason. NEED HELP
    « Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 08:17:02 AM »
    Did you have the problem before you put in the new graphics card?  If not, go to the properties of the card and look for any function that deals with 'standby' and turn it off.

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

Soviet_Genius

Re: My Monitor keeps on going to standby mode for some reason. NEED HELP
    « Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 08:13:57 PM »
    I'm not certain, but I think it might be that your new video card is overheating. Does it have a fan or a heatsink? If there are other devices in your PCI ports you could maybe rearrange them so there is more clearance for the video card. Also, install the latest driver for the video card if you haven't already done so. You should also try reseating your video card, blowing out the PCI-E slot with a can of compressed air (DON'T use a vaccum cleaner) and wiping the contacts on the video card with alcohol and a Qtip.

Alex-B

a
    « Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 08:59:34 PM »
    I've tested my graphics card on my friends computer and the same thing happens. The Graphics card must be screwed up.
    « Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 05:56:15 AM by patio »