Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ASUS Control Center  (Read 4911 times)

muzza

ASUS Control Center
« on: August 04, 2007, 09:31:30 AM »
Hi, i have a netgear router and an ASUS USB adapter to allow my wireless connection, it all worked fine... but then mu hard drive died, so i got a new one, obviously i dont have anything on it, and that includes the software that was used to allow my computer to connect to the router.. I dont have a disk or anything, as it was a spare USB stick given to me by a friend as my original netgear one broke..

Could anyone help me find somewhere where i can download software to use the two together? I originally used the ASUS control center, but i cant find anywhere to download it, is there any other programs that will allow me to use this USB adapter to connect to my router?

Thanks very much, james :)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: ASUS Control Center
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 10:18:05 AM »
DLoad and run Everest Home...this will tell you everything about your machine and components including hotlinks to available drivers...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

muzza

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 10:36:57 AM »
Ok. thanks for that. Ive downloaded and installed it on to my computer, it detects the USB adapter, but im not sure what good this is... I need the software, control center, or whatever it is... to run and allow me to connect to my router.. Must i use a specific program for this USB stick, or is there other ones out there i can use that will detect the adapter and allow me to connect to the router? If so, could you name some please, with the links :)

Thanks

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 01:26:58 PM »
this will tell you everything about your machine and components including hotlinks to available drivers...

Deerpark

Egghead
    « Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 02:33:04 PM »
    What version of Windows is this? If you use XP you shouldn't need any special software to connect wirelessly to a router, windows got a built in tool. But like Patio said, you most likely need a driver.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 06:54:54 AM »
    Normally this would be true but for USB you do need specific drivers.

(Kudos to Contrex)