Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BF2 Help  (Read 4249 times)

bballok32

Topic Starter

Rookie
    BF2 Help
    « on: August 06, 2007, 11:37:54 AM »
    I bought BF2 today and as soon as I load it up. It goes to the loading screen but when it tries to go to the game it just shuts down. Can I get any help on why its doing this?

Helping_Hand

Re: BF2 Help
    « Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 02:03:23 PM »
    Double-click the BF2 icon, wait for the little box with the image to come up, then double-click it again before it loads. The "EA Games - Challenge Everything" video will come up and then it will work.

Soviet_Genius

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 02:06:35 PM »
    Which windows do you have? This is usually caused by a refresh rate problem. Try setting your desktop refresh rate to 60 Hz and try the game again.

bballok32

Topic Starter

Rookie
      « Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 02:39:52 PM »
      I have windows xp sp2. I tried both ways, and neither works. As soon as it tries to go full screen it crashes. I don't know what the problem is, I can run BF1942 just fine.

Soviet_Genius

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 06:15:17 PM »
      Do you have the latest update? You can get it here:
      http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/downloads.jsp

bballok32

Topic Starter

Rookie
        « Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 12:45:45 AM »
        Latest update still no work. I think its my graphics card NVidia Geforce 4400. Would a Nvidia Geforce 5500 work?

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
          • Yes
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 03:25:44 AM »
        Neither of those cards are officially supported by the game, but your FX5500 has more chance of working than the 4400.
        If you're a gamer, consider an upgrade, neither of those cards are much good for modern games.

Soviet_Genius

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 07:46:59 AM »
        I think the 4400 doesn't support DX9 which is required for the game. On my other computer, which has a GeForce FX 5200 the game lagged horribly, the most I could get was like 17 fps.

bballok32

Topic Starter

Rookie
          « Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 12:14:04 PM »
          Ok thanks for the reply, I knew I would need a new graphics card because this one is old, as is the computer. So now I'm thinking I'm going to spend about 400 dollars when I get the money, because I also need some ram. I will probably go up to staples in town and ask if they have a graphics card that will work with BF2

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
            • Yes
          • Certifications: List
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 03:28:32 AM »
          My advice is to avoid Staples, buy online and save the cash.
          $400 will buy some great upgrades.

lil_falco

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 06:47:14 PM »
          Go with an online site such as newegg.com or tigerdirect.com. It will save you some cash and youll get the same product.

Depending on the sort of gaming you plan on doing and the statistics of your current system you should consider what type of upgrade your looking at.

If your a Heavy gamer then look at spenidng more than $400. My rig is about $2,400.

Youll want a graphics card in or above the 7 series from Nvidia.
          2GB of RAM minimum, especially if your on Vista.
          A good power supply
          And a CPU (preferably dual core) at or above 2Ghz. Intel seems to be cheaper and faster. My 2.66Ghz E6700 outperforms the AMD 6000+ 3Ghz.

A list of system specs would help alot.