Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Media Player- Playing DVDs  (Read 5975 times)

charlie1234

Windows Media Player- Playing DVDs
« on: August 06, 2007, 06:53:36 AM »
I recently had to re-install windows after a problem with my laptop and am currently trying to load and watch DVD's using windows media player. However, everytime a DVD is inserted and tries to play, the following error message appears: 'windows media player cannot play this DVD because it is not possible to turn on analog copy protection on the output display. Try installing an updated driver for your video card' I am not sure how I can resolve this and would therefore, appreciate any help on this matter.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Windows Media Player- Playing DVDs
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 07:10:10 PM »
What video card/or integrated video do you have ?

Have you ran Everest to find this out ?

Everest
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

charlie1234

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 09:33:39 PM »
How do I find out what video card i have?
Also, is there a way that i can run the Everest program without having to pay a subscription fee?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 10:37:29 PM »
Everest is free...just DLoad it and install it.
Save the report as a text file...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

charlie1234

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 07:20:23 AM »
After scanning, it tells me that i need to pay a subcsription fee to download the missing drivers. Is this what is supposed to come up?

charlie1234

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 07:58:25 AM »
I have just tried to run a DVD on Cyberlink PowerDVD and a similar message appears, reading: TV out port of your display card is not working properly- This copy protected disc cannot be played when the TV out function is enabled? Is this the same problem and doeds this give any more clues as to how it can be resolved? thanks