Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: gamepad joystick always off-center  (Read 4990 times)

alexfue12

gamepad joystick always off-center
« on: August 08, 2007, 08:45:48 PM »
I have a game elements pc recoil gamepad from wal-mart. I plug it in, and everything's fine. But I always seem to move forward in games without press up on the left joystick, so I went into calibration and it always seems that when i move the left joystick, instead of bouncing back to (127,127) it goes to (140,102). I have tried it on another computer and it works just perfectly. I have windows xp pro sp2 and the other computer has Windows XP Home w/ SP2. How can I correct this?

Stryc9

Re: gamepad joystick always off-center
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 02:54:58 PM »
Since this post is now quite old I don't know if you still have this gamepad or if you've resolved your problem but I would try calibrating the gamepad.

Go to your Control Panel and select Game Controllers then if you didn't install the divers it should say "4-Axis 12 button gamepad", make sure it's selected then click the properties button. Another dialog will appear with a Calibrate tab, you want to go to that tab and calibrate the gamepad there then your problem should be solved.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: gamepad joystick always off-center
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 03:46:01 PM »
I'm sure he will reply shortly...gamers are a dedicated lot...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "