Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My Laptop Shortcuts Link To Printer?  (Read 2421 times)

SophieSpirit

My Laptop Shortcuts Link To Printer?
« on: August 09, 2007, 07:08:07 PM »
http://Hello All I run XP w/SP2 on a Dell Inspiron B130 Laptop. I have used this laptop well over a year with only basic problems. The other day I went to click on a shortcut to a website I frequent; instead a page comes up asking if I want to print. Now this is very strange to me. I am usually pretty good at getting to the root of some computer ills. This is "out there in left field" so to speak. Is anyone up to this challenge? I had thought of inserting my XP install CD to use the repair option; is this possible? Thank you for your time.

The Saviour

Re: My Laptop Shortcuts Link To Printer?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 07:11:50 PM »
I've never heard of this, either...

Why not try doing a System Restore back to a previous time when this wasn't occuring...

SophieSpirit

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 07:19:40 PM »
Hello Savior, Now, you have hit my sore spot. I should have done a system restore immediately, but I did not. Now, it is too late. The system restore goes back only a day or 2. I need to research on how to increase the system restore disk space allocation. Thanks for the suggestion.

The Saviour

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 07:27:02 PM »
Do all of your shortcuts link to your printer or just this one link?

Why not try visiting the page again and creating another shortcut...

SophieSpirit

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 07:42:48 PM »
It is only online [web] links where the shortcuts do not work; bringing up the printer. All of my computer related links work normally. [?]

The Saviour

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 08:05:16 PM »
Try right-clicking on the shortcut and select Open With...

Select the browser you are using to view web pages...Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc., etc.

Click OK...

Post your results please...