Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Grainy "Noise" on LCD monitor  (Read 4095 times)

nemspyda

Grainy "Noise" on LCD monitor
« on: August 09, 2007, 11:27:29 PM »
I recently bought a Samsung Syncmaster 731BF LCD monitor and I am having a bit of an issue with it.

I experience a sort of grainy "noise" on the screen, especially in games in darker areas - I dont really notice it in lighter areas or when not in a game.   It sort of looks like transparent "white noise" thats of very fine grain thats superimposed into the picture. - Almost like the effect the wrong refresh rate on a CRT monitor would give.

Im running a Leadtek Winfast Geforce 7800GS with the latest forceware drivers and the monitor has the proper Samsung drivers installed.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

Richenstony

Re: Grainy "Noise" on LCD monitor
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 12:36:50 AM »
The thing about lcd screens they tend to overheat....... i have 2 up from your screen , and my screen goes red hot ....... try and leave it off for a few hours if you can........ you can feel how hot your screen is with your hand , don't put to much pressure on it .....

Tony :)

nemspyda

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 07:41:31 AM »
Unfortunately it does exactly the same thing whether I have just fired up my machine for the day or if it's been on for 24 hours, so it isn't a question of heat.

Richenstony

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 07:52:38 AM »
wheres the noise coming form ?

nemspyda

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 08:34:04 AM »
I'm not talking about actual physical "noise" as in sound, I'm referring to a slight flickering of the monitor, a sort of grainy distortion that is only apparent when the area displayed is darkish in nature.