Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: recovery software not doin it job  (Read 2581 times)

rictheredneck

recovery software not doin it job
« on: August 10, 2007, 08:09:55 AM »
im computer is an advent t9505 http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0948408981.1186753864@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccccaddljjfhldicflgceggdhhmdgmi.0&chain=PC_World&seo=yes&sku=620201&channel=WEB&page=Product

Intel Pentium 840 Processor
 3.2GHz, 800MHz FSB, 2Mb Cache
 2048Mb DDR RAM
 400Gb Hard Disk Drive
 M-F Dual Layer DVD-RW + DVD-ROM Drives
 256Mb nVidia 6200TC64M Graphics
 Built-in TV Tuner + Remote Control
 802.11g Wireless Network Ready
 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center

(advent being pc worlds own brand) its 20 months old. i have used the recovery disk a few times along time ago and everything worked fine but the latest time i used it seemed to crash whilst in the middle of recovering so i got on the phone to the technical support (when it was free and still in its guarantee, now its £1.50 a min)and went through it with them and i think but dont quote me on this, i think i set up a partition on one of the 2 internal hard drives. the guy on the phone didnt seem to know what he was talking about really and ended up just saying bring it back to the store but i never could be botherd(its all intergrated with tvs arerials amps etc). the phonecall took place like a year ago and since it was actually still working thought never mind. cut a long story short since that recovery miss hap i havent been able to use my 2nd internal hard drive so i had a plan to try and use the recovery software again. its suggests to do a non destructive restore so i chose that option and 25% thru i got like a hundred error messages so i tried again and the computer crashed and windows wouldnt start so i went for the 2nd option and did a format restore thingy'ma'jig lol. this seemed to go through just fine so i was expecting the computer  to be like new again - factory restored. but it isnt its exactly the same. so any help please or anymore info wanted i'll do my best to help you to help me. oh one more thing the recovery software is pc angel is that helps any. every thing will be greatly appreciated! thanx!
[email protected] if anyone needs to one2one or anything.