Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: sas0wn.no-ip.org  (Read 5477 times)

daddygez

sas0wn.no-ip.org
« on: November 15, 2004, 03:48:08 PM »
Hi folks. every time i start up i get a request from the above saying that a program wants me to connect to the net. i have ad aware, avg, zonealarm pro. searched through the registry and files through windows xp search engine with no luck. i dont really know what these 'no ip' addresses do. can you enlighten me please? gez

Raptor

Re: sas0wn.no-ip.org
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 03:52:40 PM »
Have you properly configured AVG and Adaware?

Do you have the latest definitions?

Use different scanners. Are these free or registered scanners?

daddygez

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 04:08:34 PM »
these are both the free versions. i did use an online scanner yesterday (trend housecall) that picked out 3 trojans in temporay internet files

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 06:35:36 PM »
forget spybot/adaware.......feeble software being polite i am ...you need some amo like a scud missle download spysweeper from www.webroot.com...just wished i owned it.. and this helps>http://www.wilderssecurity.net/bhblaster.html

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2004, 10:17:58 PM »
these are both the free versions. i did use an online scanner yesterday (trend housecall) that picked out 3 trojans in temporay internet files

Get a real virus scanner. The free version of AVG doesn't even have a real time scanner.

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    « Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 02:50:41 PM »
    What do you mean the free version of AVG hasn't got a real-time scanner? Mine seems to. Explain what you mean by this.

Raptor

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2004, 11:17:21 PM »
    It only scans on command, it doesn't keep monitoring your files. Not from what I have seen.

Neil

Expert
      « Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 04:07:30 PM »
      My one sometimes halts to a full screen DOS-like display saying blah detected, allow, disable or heal or something like that I can't remember. Seems real-time to me.

Raptor

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2004, 04:47:11 AM »
      The free edition?

I couldn't seem to engage that option that starts at boot up because it kept being disabled after I reset it.. Beats me what it was called, I reinstalled Kaspersky.

Neil

Expert
        « Reply #9 on: November 20, 2004, 01:25:45 PM »
        No the startup boot scanner is differnent. I was reffering to when I'm in Windows. The screen goes red and DOSy, with info about a virus and what do I want to do.

Unless I got sent the full version by mistake!

Raptor

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2004, 01:47:40 PM »
        I haven't been infected with a virus for quite a while - so I have no idea what AVG's report would look like.