Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MS Word printing order  (Read 2801 times)

RaT-BoY

MS Word printing order
« on: August 10, 2007, 12:08:43 PM »
I have a 108 page document that I need to turn into a booklet. I'm trying to print it 4 pages per sheet, with the pages out of order. The order I need to print the pages in is 108,1,108,1,2,107,2,107 and so on but  it will only print pages 1 and 2 from that, it won't print in the order I want it to, from the example it will just print pages 1 then 2.
Any help will be great.
Thank You

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: MS Word printing order
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 08:03:07 PM »
"I'm trying to print it 4 pages per sheet ...".  Hmmm, does a page not equal a sheet?  How can you print 4 pages on one sheet of paper?

RaT-BoY

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 08:31:44 AM »
When you goto print there is a Zoom section and it shrinks the pages and prints multiple pages on a single sheet, you can print 1 to 16 pages per sheet of paper.

soybean

Genius
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 09:08:12 AM »
I just did a test with Word 2003.  I opened a 53 page document, entered the page number sequence of 45,1,45,1,2,44,2,44, and then printed to a PDF document on my hard drive instead of to paper, to avoid wasting paper.  It worked; it printed 4 pages to a page/sheet and in the sequence I specified.  So, I don't know what your problem is there. 

My print setup screen looked like this:

soybean

Genius
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 09:52:48 AM »
Just had an idea.  You might install PrimoPDF and try "printing" to PDF file, just as I did.  Then, you can open the PDF with Adobe Reader or another PDF reader and print the document.  If this works, it indicates the problem is with your printer, not Word.

PrimoPDF is freeware.  Once installed, it appears in your system as a printer and you can select it as the printer when printing from Word or other applications. 

RaT-BoY

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 10:09:23 AM »
I wasn't the one who created the document, I'm just the one who needs to format it properly and I figured out why it was working. The page number in the document goes 1,2,3,4,2,3,4... so to get it to print properly I have to use the section number. I have the option to print to PDF and I started using it after you mentioned it and it makes thing go much fast, I don't have to run to the printer after each test.
Thanks for the help soybean