Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I really don't know what should i do......  (Read 2782 times)

mamoruyabuki

I really don't know what should i do......
« on: June 18, 2007, 08:12:57 PM »
Last week i came back home and turn on my PC (never open it for a long time coz i'm leaving with my friends). First, the PC is OK for a few minutes and suddenly a blue screen appears. I forgot what it says coz it's is too long, but i remember one of the cause stated on the screen is about installing a new hardware that cause the problem which i did nothing before the blue screen message come out...what hardware? I didn't do anything....i ask my friend and they told me it's probably the RAM. I changed the slot and then restart the PC again. Then, only the fan of the CPU is working....every other things just shut off. I restart again, then a buzzing sound came out.Buzz.....Buzz.....Buzz....Then i turn it of. When i restart again, same as the first time. Only the CPU fan is working. What should i do.......?

By the way....is this the place where i should post this question?...or there is other suitable section or place?

Thank You fro all your help. 

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: I really don't know what should i do......
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 02:20:34 AM »
Topic moved from Off Topic section.

(never open it for a long time coz i'm leaving with my friends)
Huh?
What exactly did you do, and can you get the PC to do anything at all?
Does it get to the BIOS screen?
What did you do to the RAM?

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 02:59:55 PM »
If it set unused for a long time you must clean and
reseat your heatsink and CPU sometimes.
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

mamoruyabuki

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 08:35:13 PM »
I have 2 PCs...one at home and one with me which i told you i'm staying with my friends(I'm at college, rent house). I didn't used the one at home till now...i really want to clean it up but not enough tools and materials such as thermal paste for the processor...for the RAm part...i just take it out and put in in a new slot...it didn't work...and put it back in the first slot...and nothing happen also...Bios?....how am i able to reach the BIOS?....i told you guys...when i switch on...only the fan of the CPU is running...nothing happen...yesterday i switch on...and a sound came out.....
beeepp.....beeeppp.....beeeppp....my friend told me the sound is because the RAM...is it true...by the way...thanks guys...for helping and your opinion...

mamoruyabuki

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 08:41:05 PM »
does anyone have experienced this problem or this is the first time that you heard of it...and it makes me the first one...haiyaaa....

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 09:37:47 AM »
    If you get continuous beeps when booting then most likely it is the RAM.  To make sure, reseat all your expansion cards (if any) like video, sound, NIC, RAM, power to the motherboard.  Clean out the case with compressed air. Now try it.  Still got the problem, get some other RAM.

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

mamoruyabuki

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 08:35:26 PM »
    Thanks ale52 for the advice...i'll try...