Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dropping frames when capturing  (Read 3052 times)

xcloudx40

Dropping frames when capturing
« on: August 11, 2007, 11:43:12 AM »
I'm using a Dazzble 90 captured...currently i drop frames when i capture and i think its because my usb ports are old i think they are 1.0 im not sure how can i check my usb version?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Dropping frames when capturing
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 11:50:31 AM »
Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager...scroll down to the USB listings.
If you have USB2 they will be listed as enhanced.

If not you can buy a USB PCI card with 2.o ports...relatively cheap and easy to install...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

xcloudx40

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 04:25:06 PM »
i have currently 5 Usbs ports one in the front of the pc and 4 in the back....ive never connected the captured card to the one the front because it broke....i think i only have one usb that is 2.0 im not sure but here is what the device manager says ...... The first one says intel(R) 82801B/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller - 24CD the other 3 says intel(R) 82801B/DBM USB UniversalHost Controller ..... what does this mean? .....
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 09:14:09 PM by xcloudx40 »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 09:38:28 AM »
You have USB 2.0 on that machine...

Try re-installing the Dazzle drivers.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 11:11:08 AM »
It's possible your motherboard has both 1.1 and 2.0 USB ports, although not many boards were made this way, as far as I know.  I have an ECS K7S5A Pro motherboard that originally had USB 2.0 on back but the front ports were 1.1.  I later added a PCI USB controller card that allowed me to convert to two front ports to USB 2.0 and added two addtional ports on back.

The fact that Device Manager shows only one instance of "USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller" does not mean that you only have one USB 2.0 port.  If all your ports were 2.0, Device Manager would still only show "USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller" one time.