Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: music downloader will not connect...  (Read 2473 times)

ComputerCrazy

Topic Starter

Beginner

music downloader will not connect...
    « on: August 10, 2007, 09:14:33 PM »
    Hello again everyone   :)
       I have another problem  lol   I have this thing called Morpheus MP3, it's where you can download music and all.. And when you get online you start the program an all and it connects and then you can download music. Ok well lately it will not connect and I can't figure out why... I'm not sure if there is a firewall or something blocking the program from accessing the internet or what but I have even downloaded other file-sharing programs and none can connect. So if anyone can help me I'd appreciate it.  and this is a Dell desktop, dimension 2400 running windows xp home edition with service pack 2.   Thanks

The Saviour

Re: music downloader will not connect...
    « Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 06:02:16 AM »
    Do you have a firewall installed on your computer?  If so, can you please tell us what is installed...

Be cautious when it comes to P2P (Peer-to-Peer) programs like Morpheus...

When you allow file sharing, you're leaving your computer open for potential threats.  Also, when you download a file from another person's computer, are you absolutely sure you know what you're downloading and/or sharing?

All I can say is...stay away from these types of programs...you're just asking for trouble.

ComputerCrazy

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 08:37:41 PM »
      Yes I think the firewall is BSafe Online... We also have AVG Virus protection, the free version. It might also have a firewall, i'm not sure

The Saviour

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 06:39:30 AM »
      Check to see if BSafe is blocking the Morpheus connection.

Also make sure you're only using one firewall prgram.  Windows XP has its own built in firewall.  It should be turned off if you are using another third-party firewall program.

You should be able to open BSafe to see what programs are being allowed and which are being blocked.  If Morpheus is being blocked, or a certain part of the Morpheus program is being blocked, this may be causing the issue.

If Morpheus is connecting, but won't download the file, there may be the possibility the file being downloaded is infected and your AVG antivirus program is blocking the download as well.

ComputerCrazy

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 11:05:17 PM »
        Alright I'll try that... Thanks