Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC keeps hibernating....????  (Read 2801 times)

MomNEEDShelp

Topic Starter

Hopeful

PC keeps hibernating....????
    « on: August 12, 2007, 01:23:24 AM »
    HI all. I am in desperate need of some PC help....

My (other) PC froze and I could not shut it down with Ctrl/Alt/Delete. I then chose to shut it down from the tower. I waited a minute and truned it back on from tower. It comes back on but its acting buggy. My mouse won't move. The TAB button wont move anything. I changed my batteries and reset wireless mouse, keyboard & magic eye. Still no luck. I was frozen again. I shut off the power from the surge protector. I waited a bit and turned the serge back on and then tried to turn it on from the tower again. It looks like it won't shut down. It is only hibernating & comes back to where it left off. Is there anything I can do to make it SHUT DOWN completely?

PS: I removed all plugs and ports to make sure all cords were not loose, and plugged them back in. No luck!!!!  The computer in question is a SONY vaio 2004 with windows XP.

PLEASE HELP!!!

seanbond

Rookie

Re: PC keeps hibernating....????
      « Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 02:39:34 AM »
      What Happens When U click start shut down

wat u can do is press the button on the front of your tower once and do not hold it