Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need JAE 50 pin to 40 pin adaptor  (Read 6537 times)

Dead_reckon

Need JAE 50 pin to 40 pin adaptor
« on: August 11, 2007, 08:10:55 PM »
Im converting a gateway M520 CS+ laptop motherboard to a desktop FTP/web server, the board was given to me from a friend, and it is running a 2.53ghz Celeron D Prescott, 512mbs of DDR333 memory, and a 37gb fujitsu HDD i had laying around. I need a JAE 50 pin to IDE 40 pin converter so i can attach IDE ODD's to the laptops 50 pin JAE ODD connector, i can find adaptors to convert IDE to JAE, but not JAE to IDE, the adaptors cannot be used in reverse due to the fact that there are no JAE cables avalible. If anyone can find one, please tell me, my friend and i have searched google like madmen, but found nothing, hope someone can help.

as a side note, this prodject is code named dead cow, anyone who can help will be credited when its complete; which, sadly wont be untill i get some money to invest in a SATAII card for the laptop, so i can run an external E-sata drive for the FTP/web server. thats about 150-180 bucks there, plus i may need a power supply for the beefier CPU cooler i plan to throw onto this laptop
board. it is a very strange board, it has the standard socket 478 mounting system for coolers, uses a desktop chipset, has limited power saving ablitiies, and has a bios that isnt limited on many things at all. quite perfect for me. all in all it will cost me a tad over 200, but thats not bad for a FTP/web server. oh, and one final thing, a link to what this abnormality once was:

http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/Gateway/M520/3501916nv.shtml

mundesley

Dead_reckon

Re: Need JAE 50 pin to 40 pin adaptor
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 07:52:01 PM »
no, i found hundreds of them, they all have the male 50 pin JAE connector like my laptop motherboard, they will not work 'cause theres no JAE cable to adapt that to a female. personally i dont feel like paying 60+ dollars for a slim drive to fit it.

needs to have this port on it: